Ofloxacin Suspension 150 - 200mg
- A second-generation, synthetic antibiotic of fluoroquinolone class
- A broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram negative bacteria
- Stops the multiplication of bacteria by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV, which is an enzyme necessary to separate (mostly in prokaryotes, in bacteria in particular) replicated DNA, thereby inhibiting bacterial cell division.
- Normal Dose is 200 – 400 mg 12 hourly
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis: 400 mg BID 7-10 days
- Community-acquired Pneumonia: 400 mg BID 7-10 days
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections: 400 mg BID for 10 days
- Acute, uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea: 400mg single dose.
- Acute pelvic inflammatory disease: 400 mg BID 10-14 days.
- Uncomplicated cystitis: 200 mg BID
- Complicated urinary tract infections: 200 mg BID for 3-10 days