Salicylic acid 10% w/w
- Belongs to a group of medicines known as keratolytics
- Works by softeningkeratin, a protein that forms part of the skin structure. This helps to loosen dry scaly skin making it easier to remove.
- In acne, it helps slow down shedding of the cells inside the follicles, preventing clogging. It also helps break down blackheads and whiteheads.
- Used in the treatment of scaly skin diseases where the skin has become thickened, scaly and flaky.
- Viral warts
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Chronic atopic dermatitis
- Lichen simplex